It’s Christmas season! Let’s spice up on our snacks and make them taste extra delicious and wintery!
In this issue of FDN Life Magazine, we’ll be making Vegan Christmas Energy Balls. This recipe is super simple and will enable you to always have a healthy snack on hand during your travels or to serve to family and friends. Have fun!
QUANTITY: 10 Energy Balls
– 6 dates
– 1 shredded carrot
– 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
– 1 cup of oats
– 1/4 cup of pecans
– 2 tsp of cinnamon
– 1 tsp of fresh ginger or powder if you don’t have fresh
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
– A pinch of sea salt
1) In a food processor, pulse the dates until a dough. (If you don’t have a food processor, just chop them finely).
2) Roughly chop the pecans.
3) Put all the ingredients in the food processor and mix for 20-30sec – no more. (If you don’t have a food processor, just mix everything with your hands in a big mixing bowl).
4) Form balls with your hands.
5) Keep your energy balls in the refrigerator. They last up to two weeks. (But I guarantee you they will disappear before that!).
Happy Christmas snacking!